Thursday, February 3, 2011

If You Were a Kiss, I'd be a Hug.

We have been snowed in all week. I guess we could technically get out if we needed to, but why take unnecessary chances?

We are normally a family that likes to go, so staying cooped up inside has presented it's challenges. But you know what? We're doing pretty good, all things considered. I dare say (did I seriously just say 'dare say'?!) we have even been having fun while we're under house arrest under lock and key being hermits playing it safe.

One word. Pandora. Have you heard of it? Do you use it? I am in love. I found the Toddler Music station and the little man and I (and occasionally the big man) have been dancing our little hearts out in the kitchen. It's the perfect mix for us. It even played the Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse Club (Brady loved it) and it's been playing some super cool versions of some super cool songs. Take "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and mix it with "It's a Wonderful World". Two of my all time favorite songs mixed together in one song? Yes, please!

Incidentally, today's title came from "All I Want is You" by Barry Louis Polisar and was also played on the Toddler Music Station. Seriously, check it out. You will not be disappointed.

So, here we are. Embracing the Camera, and one another, while getting our groove on. It's a bee-you-ti-ful thing, dah'ling. (The dancing, not my no-makeup-hair-not-done-still-in-pajamas self portrait).


How do you like the B-Man's little scrape? Mr. Graceful (aka Mini-Me) collided with his train table while trying to hide a pillow underneath it. I could've Photoshopped it out, but I think it gives the picture some character. Right along with him sucking in his bottom lip. It's classy, really. What can I say? We're a good pair.

Check out all the other 'Embracers' at this blog.




9 comments:

  1. Pandora is awesome! We are going stir crazy as well. However, my 13 year old is pretty self sufficient and I don't see her often. She's camped out in the other room with the remote and her laptop. Not really, but for a lot of the time she's in there. We have a really clean house and all the laundry is caught up. So, now we're getting all the Netflix watched and enjoying a big bowl of popcorn. Hopefully, we will be able to get out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Pandora often, but have never thought about finding a toddler station. Thanks for the tip; I'll be taking advantage of that now! Cute photo! Dancing in the kitchen is classy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his eyes! Wowzers! I use Pandora all the time! I love using a lullaby station when I rock my 3 year old. It puts ME right to sleep! I caught a glimpse of the picture in the next post and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pandora! And that is a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture! He sure is a cutie! I've heard of Pandora but have yet to try it! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, dancing with kiddos is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how dear, he absolutely is your 'mini me'. :)

    ReplyDelete