Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday's Favorite

It has been a week. I mean a weeeeeeek. As you know, we've been potty training. It really has been going extremely well, with just a minor bump in my laundry. No biggie. I can deal. What's made it rough is being cooped up in the house. all.week.long.

I've been edgy, putting a bunch of pressure on myself to make sure "this is it" when it comes to training. I can't tell you how many times this week I just wanted to throw a diaper on that cute little bum of his and just go somewhere. I didn't. I persevered. With the help of a great husband and a.lot.of.prayer.

Then, last night, after an especially treacherous day in the trenches, a miracle. Brady went #2 in the potty! We had been trying in vain all week to get him to go. He just couldn't. See, he normally "goes" around a corner, in private...standing. So this whole sitting thing was a bit much to grasp. Then, last night, just a bit before his bed time, he got it. And, I tell ya, it couldn't have come at a better time.

Isn't that the way God seems to work? When we're at our lowest and just really needing a boost, wham! Poop in the potty! I never thought I'd be so excited about poop (or say it so many times in a blog post-sorry about that-but not really), but I'll tell you. That icky poo in the pot made my entire week. It literally washed away an entire week's worth of feeling battled and worn down and replaced it with feelings of competency, joy, and just overall euphoria. All that accomplished by poo! Imagine! I was still feeling the high when we went to bed. Talk about perma grin.

And, for the record, yes, I do believe God cares about poo. Why? Because I care about poo. He's a big God, but cares about the smallest of details. All we have to do is ask. In every situation. Including poopy situations.

Now, I know this potty war training is not over. But, after last night's stinky victory, well, I think Mary Tyler Moore's theme song said it best: I'm Gonna Make it After All!

So, with all that said, here's my Friday Favorite. My little stinker, back when he was a toothless wonder.





































May your pot be filled with whatever brings you joy today. As for me, well, I'm hopin' for more poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment