Friday, January 28, 2011

Shoot and Edit: Goodnight Edition

I've been really looking forward to this post, although I have to admit I didn't get around to the edits until just now. My favorite little guy has decided to wake up before 6:00 every day this week. As much as I love to spend the time with him, it really does cut into my blogging and photo editing time.

I originally posted this back on  Wednesday with a promise to show you the edited version today. Without further ado...
























I changed the light balance, boosted the colors, softened some of the red blotches on the skin, and got rid of the drain (did you notice?).

Here are the two pictures, side by side. What do you think?
















I know a professional would probably still cringe, but I had so much fun applying the different tips and tricks I've learned throughout the week. I really like seeing the two pictures side by side, all the differences pop out a little more.

I'm excited to try this out again next week!








11 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't even tell there was a drain there! Great edit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness... I can't get over those big, beautiful eyes! Great job with your edit. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how absolutely precious are those eyes and that great big grin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! How'd you get rid of the drain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definatey a keepsake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just kept looking at the eyes!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually think your edit is really pretty. Nice and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!! I like how your edit brightened the photo. Removing the drain was a good idea - it does distract a bit from that sweet face in the SOOC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet baby! And good work with the drain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I *love* how you edited this!! Great idea removing the drain.. and those eyes!! LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete