Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie Monday

What an amazing weekend we had! Do you ever have those weekends that just somehow recharge your batteries and give you the energy to have an extra bounce in your step? That was my weekend.

Nothing spectacular happened and, probably to most people, our weekend would even seem boring. But, I had some great chats with my husband and some great laughs with our family trio. I'm thankful for my family. God knew exactly the type of family I would need and He gave it to me. That's pretty cool. 

I found this Bible verse this morning during my devotional, and I just love it.

“One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving.” Psalm 62:11-12a

We went to church last night for the first time. We always go Sunday mornings, but haven't been going in the evenings because the B-Man usually crashes at 7:00. But, we made a family decision to go and I'm thrilled we went. There's just something special about choosing to go to church. Brady did great-he went potty there three times and came home with dry unders, and he had fun. Mike and I got to hear preaching for the second time that day, and we had fun. I'm thankful for our church, God knew exactly the type of church we needed and He provided it for us. That's pretty cool.

Speaking of cool, I found a video this morning to share. It was taken in February of 2010, making Brady about 1 1/2. He was sitting in the high chair (that is no longer in our kitchen), and we were interrogating asking him all about animal sounds. I still love to do this. It's funny how it has changed. 

He's always been pretty good about enunciating words, with the exception of a couple. There were some words I was generally sad to hear him say the correct way. Fruit used to be "brroooteee" with a rolling of the "r". Picking flowers used to be picking towpers. Orange used to be oh-gee-gee (now it's woe-wunj). There are lots more, but my little guy is waking up, so that's all I'll share for now.



I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." And he worshipped the Lord there. -1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment