Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's a new year, a new blog post, and a new look to the blog!

I know you probably thought I'd desserted this blog and, I guess, you were right...sort of. I may not have had any posts in a little while (ok, long while) but it's always been in the back of my mind. What better time to pick blogging back up than in the new year, where resolutions run rampant?

We've been busy in our own kind of way. Christmas was wonderful and more fun than ever with Brady being two and a (almost) half. He had an emphatic "thank you!" every time he opened a present. If a box came to the door, he would follow us around saying, "I want to open it! I want to open the box. Pleeeease!".

We didn't see all the family we would've liked to see over the holidays and, as disappointing as that was, it was also relaxing to not have to travel anywhere.

As great as the holidays were, I'm especially excited to welcome in a new year. We have some big plans and ambitious goals for this year. Last year was wonderful, full of unexpected blessings. Looking back on the year, I can smile knowing we did our best to squeeze every drop of happiness out of it. This year will be even better!

I will be doing a lot more of the simple things that make life so grand. Like this:



















Spending time in the kitchen playing cooking and baking with my best helper. In addition to helping, he also serves as quality control, as you can see from the chocolate remnants around his mouth. Good thing he only asks to get paid in "little tastes".

Here's to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment