Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

  1. Did you miss my post yesterday? My apologies. It was a holiday and the Butler family has been stricken with ickiness.
  2. Despite the ickiness, yesterday was a holiday. As if we are going to stay cooped up inside the house on a holiday. As if.
  3. We did our usual running around and hit some of our favorite spots. I was on a hunt for a new potty for the B-Man. Four Wal-Marts and one toy store later. Booyah!
  4. In the midst of our galavanting, Brady requested to go to Barnes and Noble. As in, I want to go to Barnes and Noble nowwww, pleeeease. Never wanting to be the parents that refuse a child a trip to the book store, we happily obliged. I feel slightly obligated to tell you he didn't actually open a book, or, you know, even glance at one. No sir, at that particular bookstore, it's all about the train table. Not complaining, we made some friends and enjoyed some coffee. Good times to be had by all.
  5. We had an amazing night with friends on Sunday night. I will blog about it later, but I want to point out how much I adore our group of friends. One of my (many) favorite things is that we are all pretty much in the same stage in life. There are a few of us moms trying to potty train and, thankfully, there was a potty for the Bradster to use while we were there. This new potty was fantastic. Brady loved it and we didn't have any "overshooting" issues. If you are a mommy to a little boy, I know you get it. That sent me on a new potty crusade.
  6. I feel slightly obligated to mention that, despite his love for that potty and the fact he actually did go several times on that potty, I still had to change his unders. Three times.
  7. I can feel more redeemed to tell you that, with all our running around yesterday, he did not have one accident and actually went potty in the bathrooms of several stores.
  8. I was super excited to bring the new potty home. Brady was thrilled to have it. That is, until it came time to go. He started asking for his "other one". Awesome. Now, I know he's not feeling well and I almost cave. Almost. Then, I stick to my guns and tell him the other potty is gone. I call him buddy to soften the blow. It works. He goes on the new potty. All is right with the world.
  9. As rough as it is for me to be sick, it's so much harder when my favorite little buddy is under the weather. All I want to do is cuddle my sweet boy and love on him and smother him in smooches. I actually got to do that last night. For fifteen seconds. Then, he was off. I'm actually thankful he's like that. He's always been like that, since he was a wee babe (there's my Scottish heritage coming out for you). The only way we ever knew he was sick was from the symptoms. He never acts sick. He's a trooper. Me, on the other hand? Well, I just want to be cuddled and loved on and smothered in smooches.
  10. This has got to be one of the most boring posts ever. Sorry. I'm sick. And Brady's potty training. What? You didn't know? You're surpised I haven't mentioned it? On a sidenote: Vicks Vapor Rub is the best invention ever. Sliced bread? Who needs it! Soothing vapors that help me breath all the while releasing a heady aroma of menthol? Yes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment